Catamaran Bio is developing novel, off-the-shelf CAR-NK cell therapies designed to treat a broad range of cancers, including solid tumors. Our proprietary capabilities enable us to harness the natural cancer-fighting properties of NK cells and enhance and tailor their effectiveness with the power of synthetic biology and innovative non-viral cell engineering. We are using our TAILWIND™ Platform, an integrated suite of technologies, to specifically address the end-to-end methods of engineering, processing and manufacturing NK cells and rapidly advance our pipeline of CAR-NK cell therapy programs. Catamaran is backed by leading financial and corporate investors, including SV Health Investors, Sofinnova Partners, Lightstone Ventures, Takeda Ventures and Astellas Venture Management.
Catamaran is seeking a talented, diligent, and collaborative (Associate) Scientist to lead cell process development for the advancement of our best-in-class Immune Cell Therapies for Oncology and other diseases. The successful candidate will be responsible for isolation, engineering and expansion of clinical candidates, design and execution of cell-based assays and in-process characterization, and technical process transfer to internal and external manufacturing sites in support of clinical trials of Catamaran programs. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and technically competent researcher with hands-on experience in cell biology/immunology and cell-based assays, who is excited to join a small, fast-paced team with a “can-do” attitude to drive forward our new cell therapy platform. The candidate will be responsible for authoring and reviewing technical reports and sections for regulatory submissions.
- Plan and execute experiments independently and collaboratively in cross-functional teams, to drive bioprocess development for immune cell therapies.
- Process development activities include cell isolation/enrichment; cell engineering and gene editing; cell expansion; and downstream processes.
- Perform in-depth analyses of cell biology and functions using a variety of cell-based assays and analytical methods.
- Analyze and interpret data, and scale-up of bioprocesses to support company-wide activities including cell engineering research and cell production.
- Meticulously maintain records, generate reports, records, and documents for IP and regulatory filings.
- Present results to scientific team and management as well as external meetings.
- Contribute to building a positive, team-oriented biotech culture.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- BS or MS +5 years of experience, or Ph.D. in immunology, biology, chemical biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or equivalent/related disciplines.
- Excellent understanding and technical skills with demonstrated experiences (academia or cell therapy) in one or more of the following: mammalian cell biology, cell-based assays (e.g., immune cell assays, cytotoxicity), cell culture, cell isolation/enrichment/separation (e.g., from blood or bioreactor processes) and/or analytical development.
- Experience in gene editing techniques, flow cytometry, and/or bioreactor processes a plus.
- Motivated, team-oriented and excited by challenging scientific problems.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability in multi-tasking and thriving in teams with diverse technical expertise.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying complex biological data to non-experts
Catamaran Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.