Catamaran Bio is developing novel, off-the-shelf CAR-NK cell therapies designed to treat a broad range of cancers, including solid tumors. Our proprietary capabilities enable us to harness the natural cancer-fighting properties of NK cells and enhance and tailor their effectiveness with the power of synthetic biology and innovative non-viral cell engineering. We are using our TAILWIND™ Platform, an integrated suite of technologies, to specifically address the end-to-end methods of engineering, processing and manufacturing NK cells and rapidly advance our pipeline of CAR-NK cell therapy programs. Catamaran is backed by leading financial and corporate investors, including SV Health Investors, Sofinnova Partners, Lightstone Ventures, Takeda Ventures and Astellas Venture Management.
Catamaran Bio is seeking a highly motivated, experienced manager with demonstrated success in operating a core facility to support the cell culture needs of the organization. This position reports to the VP of Technical Operations and Manufacturing and oversees the operations of a group to provide large scale production of feeder cells, tumor cell lines, and support the generation of modified NK cells for in vivo experiments. This core will also maintain the inventory of cell lines and feeder cell banks and provide routine assays for mycoplasma and sterility. The role will interface with our internal research and development teams and is an exciting opportunity to be a key part of a dynamic start-up environment and contribute to developing safe and effective allogeneic cell therapy products for cancer patients.
The ideal candidate would have expertise in the management of large scale tissue culture processes; experience with both cell lines and primary cells is a bonus. The position requires strong organizational skills in the management of a team with the following responsibilities:
- Supplying internal Catamaran projects and, as needed, external collaborators with feeder cells through recurrent productions of irradiated cell banks.
- Maintaining and expanding tumor cell lines for use in both in vitro and in vivo studies
- Assisting the Cell Processing Team with large scale isolation of NK cells from leukopaks as needed
- Control and maintain inventories of feeder cells, tumor lines and other cells
- Perform routine mycoplasma and sterility testing
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- MS/BS in biology or a related discipline) with minimum 10 years experience in eukaryotic cell culture,
- Prior experience managing teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, working with minimal direction and able to manage workload based on changing priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with and effectively influence others.
Catamaran Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.