Catamaran is developing novel, off-the-shelf CAR-NK cell therapies designed to treat a broad range of cancers, including solid tumors. Our proprietary capabilities enable us to harness the natural cancer-fighting properties of NK cells and enhance and tailor their effectiveness with the power of synthetic biology and innovative non-viral cell engineering. We are using our TAILWIND™ Platform, an integrated suite of technologies, to specifically address the end-to-end methods of engineering, processing and manufacturing NK cells and rapidly advance our pipeline of CAR-NK cell therapy programs. Catamaran is backed by leading financial and corporate investors, including SV Health Investors, Sofinnova Partners, Lightstone Ventures, Takeda Ventures and Astellas Venture Management.
We are looking for a talented and motivated bioinformatician to work collaboratively with our research and development team to advance our CAR-NK cell therapy platform and programs by providing computational biology and bioinformatics support for target discovery, tumour cellular and molecular characterization, immune cell phenotyping and biomarker strategy. The ideal candidate will work with internal and external datasets to provide insights into tumor vulnerabilities, effective NK cell phenotype and CAR-NK product design. The candidate will collaborate extensively with internal platform, program and translational teams and also with external academic labs as well as CROs.
- Develop and apply technologies, tools, algorithms, and data mining techniques for the integrative analysis of multi ‘omic datasets from both internal and external data sources
- Identify and source external datasets on patient tumor samples, particularly single cell and single nuclear RNAseq, spatial transcriptomics, expression profiling and proteomics datasets.
- Develop and apply data visualization and analysis methods to extract knowledge from multi-dimensional genomics data sets and annotations. Provide support for data visualization and statistical analysis across R&D team.
- Collaborate with internal team around experimental design and data analysis to understand tumor immune landscape and immune cell-tumor interactions and NK cell phenotype-function relationship.
- Present findings internally to project teams as well as management team and externally to collaborators and at conferences.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- D. in Bioinformatics, Biology, or equivalent, with at least 5 years experience in computational biology and bioinformatics in industry
- Familiarity with cutting-edge bioinformatic and computational tools as well as existing and emerging ‘omics technologies. Experience in single cell and spatial technologies highly preferred.
- A strong scientific and technical background in biology, especially immune-oncology and cell therapy
- Proficiency with R, Python or other scripting language for statistical computing and data visualization
- Proven ability to analyze complex datasets and transform information to knowledge and ability to develop intuitive visualization tools for large datasets.
- Highly independent with demonstrated strong scientific curiosity
- Effective communication skills with strong ability to work with program teams and provide bioinformatics support to advance program goals,
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels within and external to the organization
- High personal integrity and strong work ethic
Catamaran Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.