Catamaran is developing novel, off-the-shelf CAR-NK cell therapies designed to treat a broad range of cancers, including solid tumors. Our proprietary capabilities enable us to harness the natural cancer-fighting properties of NK cells and enhance and tailor their effectiveness with the power of synthetic biology and innovative non-viral cell engineering. We are using our TAILWIND™ Platform, an integrated suite of technologies, to specifically address the end-to-end methods of engineering, processing and manufacturing NK cells and rapidly advance our pipeline of CAR-NK cell therapy programs. Catamaran is backed by leading financial and corporate investors, including SV Health Investors, Sofinnova Partners, Lightstone Ventures, Takeda Ventures and Astellas Venture Management.
Catamaran is seeking an experienced, hands-on Senior Research Associate / Research Associate to join the development team in assembling a state-of-the-art manufacturing process for our allogeneic NK cell drug product. The successful candidate will be responsible for optimizing our cell processes for NK cells, including cell isolation, engineering, expansion, harvest and cryopreservation. This role also includes technical process transfer to internal and external manufacturing sites in support of clinical trials of Catamaran programs. This will require authoring and reviewing technical reports and collaborating extensively with research and cell engineering teams. The ideal candidate has relevant experience in cell culture of primary human cells and cell-based assays, and is excited to join a small, fast-paced team with a “can-do” attitude to drive forward our new cell therapy platform.
- Work closely with the process development team to design, execute and analyze experiments to establish an optimized process for drug product manufacture.
- Develop in-process characterization testing and cell-based assays to understand cell product function and quality.
- Work independently and collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with research and platform teams and understand the translation of their work to a manufacturing process.
- Meticulously maintain records, generate reports, records, and documents for IP and regulatory filings
- Take technical lead on cell process components for technical transfer activities.
- Present results to scientific team and management as well as external collaborators.
- Contribute to building a positive, team-oriented biotech culture.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- BS or MS in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biochemistry, chemical biology, biology, biophysics, pharmaceutical sciences, or equivalent/related disciplines.
- 1-5 years of relevant experience in cell process development, cell or tissue engineering, and cell-based assays in academia or cell therapy industry.
- Experience with NK cells a plus.
- Motivated, team-oriented and excited by challenging scientific problems.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability in multi-tasking and thriving in teams with diverse technical expertise.
- Excellent understanding and hand-on experience in one or more of the following: primary human immune cell cultures, cell-based assays, cell biology and metabolism, flow cytometry, Design of Experiments, & data analysis.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying complex biological data to non-experts.