Catamaran Bio is developing novel, off-the-shelf CAR-NK cell therapies designed to treat a broad range of cancers, including solid tumors. Our proprietary capabilities enable us to harness the natural cancer-fighting properties of NK cells and enhance and tailor their effectiveness with the power of synthetic biology and innovative non-viral cell engineering. We are using our TAILWIND™ Platform, an integrated suite of technologies, to specifically address the end-to-end methods of engineering, processing and manufacturing NK cells and rapidly advance our pipeline of CAR-NK cell therapy programs. Catamaran is backed by leading financial and corporate investors, including SV Health Investors, Sofinnova Partners, Lightstone Ventures, Takeda Ventures and Astellas Venture Management.
Catamaran is seeking a talented, diligent, and collaborative Research Associate/Sr Research Associate to lead formulation development for the advancement of our best-in-class Immune Cell Therapies for Oncology and other diseases. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of cryopreservation formulations and related processes for cell therapy candidates; design and execution of process characterization/validation studies; and leading technical process transfer to internal and external manufacturing sites in support of clinical trials of Catamaran programs. The candidate will be responsible for authoring and reviewing technical reports and collaborate extensively with research and cell engineering teams. The ideal candidate is a technically competent researcher with hands-on experience in cell culture and cell-based assays, who is excited to join a small, fast-paced team with a “can-do” attitude to drive forward our new cell therapy platform. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work closely with scientific experts on cutting-edge biotechnologies and advance your career in developing best-in-class immuno-oncology cell therapies.
- Execute and analyze experiments to drive the development of formulations and cryopreservation solutions for immune cell therapies
- Perform in-depth analyses of cell function and quality using a variety of analytical methods and cell-based assays
- Work independently and collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Independently design, perform and troubleshoot experiments, analyze data, and communicate findings
- Meticulously maintain records, generate reports, records, and documents for IP and regulatory filings
- Present results to scientific team and management as well as external meetings
- Contribute to building a positive, team-oriented biotech culture
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- BS or MS in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biochemistry, chemical biology, biology, biophysics, pharmaceutical sciences, or equivalent/related disciplines.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in cell cryopreservation, cell biology, and/or analytical development in academia or the cell therapy industry.
- Experience in natural killer cells a plus.
- Motivated, team-oriented and excited by challenging scientific problems.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability in multi-tasking and thriving in teams with diverse technical expertise.
- Expertise in the theoretical background and hand-on experience in one or more of the following: primary human immune cell cultures, cell-based assays, flow cytometry, cryobiology, Design of Experiments, data analysis.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying complex biological data to non-experts.
Catamaran Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.