Catamaran is seeking a diligent, motivated, and collaborative Senior Research Associate or Associate Scientist in Analytical Development to help support advance our Immune Cell Therapies to the clinic. This position is focused on cell therapy product characterization and will play a key role in the design and execution of assays designed to support process development and regulatory filings. The ideal candidate is excited to developing new medicines for cancer, driven to learn, technically competent, and has significant experience with cell and molecular biology techniques and principles, especially involving cell-based assays in 96 well plate format. The strong desire to learn and positive collaborative attitude are more important than experience in any specific method.
- Perform, and report on analytical assays, such as flow cytometry, IncuCyte, MSD/Luminex, plate-based cytotoxicity, qPCR/ddPCR, and nucleic acid preparation
- Work in close collaboration with platform teams, as well as Contract Research and Manufacturing Organizations
- Maintain stocks of critical materials and contribute to basic lab and device maintenance
- Present results to the team and company, as well as author and review batch records, technical reports, and supporting methods
- Meticulously maintain records and documents for IP and regulatory filings
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- MS with 4+ years, or 6+ years of relevant experience in an academic or biotech/pharma setting
- Previous experience in gene/cell therapy and cell engineering is preferred
- Facility with software including MS Office applications, FlowJo, JMP, GraphPad Prism
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment, all with a pro-active and team-oriented positive attitude
- Excellent organization and communication skills
Catamaran Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.