Catamaran Bio is developing novel, off-the-shelf CAR-NK cell therapies designed to treat a broad range of cancers, including solid tumors. Our proprietary capabilities enable us to harness the natural cancer-fighting properties of NK cells and enhance and tailor their effectiveness with the power of synthetic biology and innovative non-viral cell engineering. We are using our TAILWIND™ Platform, an integrated suite of technologies, to specifically address the end-to-end methods of engineering, processing and manufacturing NK cells and rapidly advance our pipeline of CAR-NK cell therapy programs. Catamaran is backed by leading financial and corporate investors, including SV Health Investors, Sofinnova Partners, Lightstone Ventures, Takeda Ventures and Astellas Venture Management.
Catamaran Bio is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and creative individual with expertise in cancer immunology and cell therapy to be a key contributor to our preclinical research efforts to advance our best-in-class Immune Cell Therapies for Oncology. This individual will be responsible for carrying out cell engineering and in vitro studies, providing a critical coordination point across multiple teams to advance the Catamaran pipeline of cell therapies. This position is an exciting opportunity to work with talented scientists within a dynamic start-up environment in the Cambridge, MA biotech ecosystem.
- Isolate immune cells from human tissue sources for ex vivo engineering, characterization, functional assessment, and in vivo adoptive transfer studies
- With supervision, contribute to the design, development, and execution of in vitro and ex vivo cell-based assays using cell lines and human primary cells
- Perform cell and molecular assays, including multi-color flow cytometry, cytotoxicity, and cytokine release
- Perform human cell culture, including transformed cell lines and primary immune cells
- Work with supervisor to design experiments, meticulously execute bench work, troubleshoot assays, analyze data, record data, and communicate findings
- Work collaboratively with internal team members by coordinating across line functions all reagents and supporting material to deliver cell preparations in specified timeline
- Present results at internal meetings
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- BS/MS in immunology, cancer biology, molecular biology or related discipline with 4+ years’ experience in an academic or industry setting; immunology or immuno-oncology research preferred (job title will depend on level of experience)
- Demonstrated familiarity with immune-based assays including flow cytometry, Luminex, MSD, ELISA
- Experience with primary immune cell isolation
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with flawless record keeping and multi-tasking abilities
- Experience with immune cell engineering is a plus
- Competency in cell biology, molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques, including qPCR and western blotting would be highly valued
- Ability to quickly learn, and adapt in a fast paced, rapidly developing environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and on collaborative teams
- Excellent organization and communication skills
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at www.catamaranbio.com
Catamaran Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.