The Cell Process Team is seeking a talented, diligent, and collaborative scientist to lead cell expansion process activities for the advancement of our best-in-class CAR-NK Cell Therapies for Oncology and other diseases. Cell Process works to ingeniously solve the challenges associated with the allogeneic manufacture of CAR-NK cell therapies including cell isolation/enrichment; cell engineering and gene editing; and cell expansion. They will be responsible for the design of a clinical-scale bioreactor process design for the expansion of clinical CAR-NK candidates, design and execution of cell-based assays for in-process characterization, and technical process transfer to internal and external manufacturing sites in support of Phase 1 clinical activities.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and technically competent process development scientist or engineer with hands-on experience in bioreactor design and control, who is excited to join a small, fast-paced team with a “can-do” attitude to drive forward our new cell therapy platform. This is a unique opportunity to realize the promise of allogeneic cell therapy manufacturing paradigms and bring the TAILWIND platform to life at a clinical scale.
- Plan and execute experiments independently and collaboratively in cross-functional teams, to drive bioprocess development for CAR-NK cell therapies
- Perform in-depth analyses of cell biology and functions using a variety of cell-based assays and analytical methods
- Analyze and interpret data, and scale-up bioprocesses to support company-wide activities including cell engineering research and cell production
- Meticulously maintain records, generate reports, records, and documents for IP and regulatory filings
- Present results to scientific team and management as well as external meetings
- Actively contribute to building a positive, team-oriented, startup biotech culture; participate in the active exchange and challenge of scientific ideas
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree + 4 years of experience, Master’s degree + 2 years of experience, or Ph.D. in chemical engineering, immunology, biology, synthetic biology, chemical biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, bioengineering, or equivalent/related disciplines
- Excellent understanding and technical skills with demonstrated experiences (academia or industry) in bioreactor design and control, scale-up parameters, scale-down models, and other experience in cell process development, process analytics, and immune cell assays
- Demonstrated experiences in working with bench-scale (2-20L) or clinical-scale (20L+) bioreactor systems bioreactor modeling, scale-up, scale-down, is highly preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying complex biological data to non-experts
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability in multi-tasking and thriving in teams with diverse technical expertise
- Experience in NK cells, electroporation, and transposon systems a plus
- Experience in directly or indirectly leading or managing teams is a plus
- Experience in publishing and/or presenting in public scientific forums (papers, posters, conference talks) is a plus
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at www.catamaranbio.com
Catamaran Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.