Catamaran is seeking an experienced, hands-on Research Associate / Senior Research Associate to support Catamaran’s development of an allogeneic NK cell drug product. The successful candidate will be responsible for generating and maintaining stocks of cell lines used for in vitro and in vivo assays, including feeder cells, tumor cell lines, NK cells and genetically modified cells. This work involves cell isolation, expansion, engineering, harvest and cryopreservation. This role will require collaborating extensively with Research and CMC teams. The ideal candidate has relevant experience in cell culture of primary human cells and cell lines, and is excited to join a small, fast-paced team with a “can-do” attitude to drive forward our new cell therapy platform.
- Work closely with the Research and CMC teams to provide cell culture support.
- Perform cell counts and other assays (e.g., mycoplasma testing) as needed to ensure the quality of cell preps.
- Learn and carry out new processes for cell isolation, genetic modification and expansion.
- Work independently and collaboratively as needed to accomplish goals.
- Meticulously generate and maintain records.
- Contribute to building a positive, team-oriented biotech culture.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- BS or certificate in biology, biotechnology, or equivalent/related disciplines.
- 1-5 years of relevant experience in cell culture in academia or cell therapy industry.
- Motivated, team-oriented.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability in multi-tasking and thriving in teams with diverse technical expertise.
- Experience with NK cells a plus.
Catamaran Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.