Catamaran Bio, a new SV Health Investors biotechnology company, is building a pipeline of effective and safe off-the-shelf cell therapy products for patients with cancer and immune disorders using its integrated engineering and manufacturing TAILWINDTM Platform.
Catamaran is seeking a talented, diligent, curious and collaborative scientist to drive non-viral cell engineering activities and advance our best-in-class Immune Cell Therapies for Oncology and other diseases. This position would play a key role in development of non-viral gene delivery methods to support preclinical research and process development activities. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, technically competent scientist with deep cell and molecular biology expertise and experience in non-viral gene delivery, who is excited to join a small, fast-paced team with a “can-do” attitude to moving science forward. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work closely with experienced team on cutting-edge technologies and advance your career within growing organization advancing best-in-class Immune Cell Therapies for Oncology.
- Design and develop non-viral cell engineering methods for cell therapy applications
- Optimize non-viral gene delivery protocols to a variety of immune cell types to ensure consistent and reproducible cell modification with minimal impact on cell viability and phenotype.
- Quantify efficiency of gene delivery using transgene analysis and functional assays.
- Collaborate with the cell process team on the optimization of non-viral gene delivery in context of the cell process
- Work closely with the program teams to provide cell engineering solutions for delivery of novel constructs to immune cells
- Be the leader and expert in non-viral gene delivery methods, stay current with emerging methods, and be a resource to management, program teams and scientific team on cell engineering technologies
- Work independently and in close collaboration with all Platform teams, as well as CROs and academic teams
- Lead the development of gene delivery project, and timely deliver on optimization and process conditions
- Independently design, perform and troubleshoot experiments, analyze data, and communicate findings
- Mentor junior scientists in the execution of experiments
- Meticulously maintain records, generate reports, records, and documents for IP and regulatory filings
- Present results at internal and external meetings
- Contribute to building a positive, team-oriented biotech culture
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- PhD/MS Molecular and/or Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, Genetics or related field with 2+ years (PhD) or 10+ years (MS) of industry experience. Title is dependent on experience level
- Demonstrated expertise in non-viral and viral gene delivery methods and extensive molecular biology skills working with nucleic acids
- Experience with electroporation, transduction and other methods of nucleic acid delivery to primary immune cells is required
- Previous experience in gene/cell therapy and cell engineering is preferred
- Independence in driving research activities, including the design, execution, and analysis of experiments
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt within a fast-paced, rapidly developing, startup environment, showing pro-active and team-oriented attitude
- Flawless record keeping and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent organization and communication skills
Catamaran Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.